You want to develop a webpage (or website); you can simply choose HTML as a programming language. But using only HTML, you can create a static web page not dynamic. The contents of the static webpage remain same every time the page displays in the browser. To create a dynamic web page, you have to embed some other programming language with HTML, like PHP. PHP is a scripting language which is used to develop a dynamic web page.
PHP is a server side scripting language which is used to create dynamic web page. The long form of PHP is “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”, which is recursive.
The best thing in using PHP is that it is extremely simple for a beginners, but offers many advanced features for a professional programmer.
PHP is widely used with big MNCs including Yahoo, Facebook, IBM, Accenture, Deloitte, HP etc.
- PHP runs on various platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.
- It is compatible with almost all servers like Apache, IIS, etc.
- It supports many databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle etc.
- PHP is free. It can be Downloaded from the official resource:php.net
- It is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side.